On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 02:10:53PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> This doesn't build here
>
> Create /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/ArxLibertatis-1.1.2-r1.tgz
> Creating package ArxLibertatis-1.1.2-r1
> checksumming|***********************************                          |
> 57%
> Error:
> /usr/ports/pobj/ArxLibertatis-1.1.2-r1/fake-amd64/usr/local/%D/bin/update-desktop-database
>  does not exist
> Error:
> /usr/ports/pobj/ArxLibertatis-1.1.2-r1/fake-amd64/usr/local/%D/bin/update-desktop-database
>  does not exist
> Error: duplicate item in packing-list
> /usr/local/%D/bin/update-desktop-database
> Fatal error: can't continue

My bad, I misinterpreted a portcheck message. After updating PLIST this is gone
on my testing and builds fine again.

> The README would be better linking to
> http://wiki.arx-libertatis.org/Getting_the_game_data
> as that also covers getting the data from steam and the demo.

Actually this page here got more detailed and pertinent instructions IMO:

http://wiki.arx-libertatis.org/Installing_the_game_data_under_Linux

I linked to it in the README. Turns out that data can be either in datadir or
the userdir (see bottom of the linked webpage) per ustream instructions. README
now mentions both alternatives.

Is there a preferred location for read-only game data? I know that some of the
games in our ports put their data in ~/.local/share, like openjk, openxcom...

> Could you explain why you are using ~/.local/share/arx/datadir ?
> Shouldn't this rather be $PREFIX/share/arx/datadir
>
> http://wiki.arx-libertatis.org/Data_directories
> states that the datadir is read-only and gives defaults outside
> of home directories.

see above

Updated tarball attached.