Brian Callahan writes:

> On 07/10/18 10:57, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>
>> On 07/10/18 05:14, Tom Murphy wrote:
>>> The game went Freeware in 1999 and its files are free to
>>> download. There's nothing to purchase.
>>> OpenOMF uses a MIT license.
>>>

>> Yes, OpenOMF uses the MIT license. The game assets are still not
>> open source, even if freeware. I could not find language saying that
>> it would be OK for us to distribute the game assets ourselves (maybe
>> that language exists but if it does I couldn't find it).
>>
>> Anyhow, I reworded pkg/DESCR and pkg/README to point the user to the
>> game assets distributed by archive.org. They seemed both the most
>> neutral and most likely to be around in 100 years out of all the
>> places that had a copy.
>>
>>> I did the initial port work on it and have been in contact with the
>>> developers of openomf.
>>> They've make several fixes to cmake to make it more portable,
>>> however there's some bits of the game
>>> that don't work 100% yet like tournament mode, and there's some
>>> bugs in the network code that need fixing, but single and two
>>> player modes work.
>>>

>> Yes, they've been good. They responded right away to a problem I
>> found where the game locked up if you tried to remap the player's
>> keys.
>>
>>> The libdumb submodule was there because the libdumb code got taken
>>> over by a new developer (https://github.com/kode54/dumb) so I'm
>>> fairly sure we could update audio/dumb to 2.0.3. I'm not completely
>>> certain but I believe the old allegro stuff has been dropped.
>>>

>> I decided to use libxmp instead of dumb. Upstream supports that, so
>> I don't feel much of a reason to use dumb at this point.
>>
>>> Thanks to Brian Callahan for sorting out the submodules. Those were
>>> doing my head in! :)
>>>

>> Hence the self-hosted tarball :)
>>
>> Updated tarball attached.
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> Ping. Game works fine.
>
> ~Brian

it would be cool to have a checksum in the README file to be sure that
the file downloaded is the right one.

I tried to run the game, I unzipped the .ZIP file into
/usr/local/share/openomf/ but I need to run the game from within that
directory, or I get an error "MISSING FILE INTRO.BK.".

>From the directory with the assets, the game starts, but when I tried to
change the resolution of the game, I get a segmentation fault.