On 2018/08/25 11:54, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> On 08/20 05:53, Bryan Linton wrote:
> > Sound doesn't work though.
> >
> >     Initializing sound...
> >     Using "OpenBSD(/dev/audio*)" audio driver with SexyAL's default
> >     device selection.OpenBSD Audio Error: fd = open(id ? id :
> >     "/dev/audio", O_WRONLY) No such file or directory
> >     Error opening a sound device.
> >
> >     [...]
> >
> >     % ls -la /dev/audio
> >     ls: /dev/audio: No such file or directory
>
> I did some more work on this and found out the reason it worked for me
> was not related to this change, but because I use the sdl sound driver.
> I think sdl should be the default, because it works with sndiod, while
> the openbsd driver does not.
>
> Here's a patch that does that.  It also updates the default device from
> from /dev/audio to /dev/audio0.

Hmm, the commit log for that says "Remove unused /dev/audio and
/dev/audioctl symlinks".

Is the diff to change from /dev/audio to /dev/audio0 basically a noop,
or if /dev/audio *is* still used (even if it's "just" in ports) would
it make sense to put the symlinks back? I don't think we're very likely
to find all the things using /dev/audio in ports before release..