> > Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <j...@wxcvbn.org> writes:

> >> I guess you were not convinced by this point?  If you really don't want
> >> to add those to LIB_DEPENDS, either make sure that gzdoom runs fine
> >> without them, or also add them to RUN_DEPENDS.  But LIB_DEPENDS would be
> >> better IMO.
> >>

> > Slowly iterating to proper port :) Fluidsynth is one of the supported midi
> > players. The game has bunch of other audio backends as well, some of them
> > built-in like OPL synth but those do not sound very good.
> >
> > I'd like the default gzdoom configuration to work, sounds working
> > and OPL synth playing music. Then the audio could be enhanced by adding
> > fluidsynth etc. for improving the game audio. I just did a quick test of the
> > current port and indeed the game seems to pick up fluidsynth just fine at
> > runtime
> > so it can be dropped from BUILD_DEPENDS. Still need to check if the other
> > libraries
> > are loaded properly at runtime.

> >> Still looks mostly good.
> >>
> >> Looks like for the gtk3 libs the build now depends on cmake setting the
> >> define, it doesn't seem to be the case for the other dlopen'd libs.
> >> Anyway, this looks fine for now but you'll probably have to discuss with
> >> upstream.
> >>
> >> (review aborted, back to $DAYJOB...)
> >
> > Yeah, the cmake settings are like first stab to just get things rolling.
> > Need to
> > find proper place where to put those now that those seem to be working as
> > intended.
> >
> > Timo
>
> Ok, hopefully this has everything in order.
>
> I added myself as maintainer, bumped version to 3.5.1 and sorted out the
> dependencies a bit. I disabled the dynamic loading of openal, mpg123 and moved
> those to LIB_DEPENDS. OpenAL seems to be required to have sounds in gzdoom so
> it
> makes sense to force it to be present, same for the few other audio libs.
>
> I'm not sure if libsamplerate and libsndfile need to be present in
> BUILD_DEPENDS at all, those get pulled in by the sdl2 dependency anyway so
> should they
> be just removed?
>
> I removed the fluidsynth dependency but kept patches so that if its installed
> later it can be used with gzdoom. Without fluidsynth the game works with
> built-in midi device so it's not mandatory for game operation.
>
> I think this could use gtk flavor, currenly you can't run the game from dmenu
> or
> other graphical menu as gzdoom polls the used WAD file from cli. With gtk
> flavor
> it would use GTK dialog to ask the WAD file but this could be left in later
> versions.
>
> Timo

There is no music with the default sound (fluidsynth). I can get music with
libapn and libopn. errors are shown when I switch to something else than libapn
or libopng.

console output =>

Max. texture size: 8192
Max. texture units: 32
Max. varying: 128
Max. combined shader storage blocks: 72
Max. vertex shader storage blocks: 12
Resolution: 640 x 480
libWildMidi(_WM_InitReader:52): ERROR Unable to load  (No such file or
directory)
gzdoom: Unable to load sound font
Unable to create FluidSynth MIDI device. Falling back to OPL

map01 - entryway

libWildMidi(_WM_InitReader:52): ERROR Unable to load  (No such file or
directory)
Unable to create FluidSynth MIDI device. Falling back to GUS