On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 07:31:10 -0500
Amit Kulkarni <amit.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > recently (1 month or so) sylpheed started to assert quite regurarly in
> > > poll_for_event call inside the libX11. The full trace looks as:
> > >

> > This assertion triggers when the application dosn't respect the rules
> > for using libX11 from multiple threads in parallel...
> >
> > I haven't looked that sylpheed's source code though.
>
> Karel,
> Will you please list down the steps on how somebody else can reproduce this
> crash?

Sure, happy to help. First of all, my sylpheed on OBSD is just a MUA connected
to gmail email/folders. I do have it set to fetch emails from time to time
(here may be race -- or one possible case) and I'm usually working in a way to
(i) open email folder, (ii) go thourough it read interesting and then (iii)
select everything (iv) mark everything selected as read and (v) delete
everything.

The crash usually happen on either (iv) or (v), mostly on (iv). I'm just not
sure if in the same time sylpheed has not started its cycle to refresh
folderrs/reread emails.

That's so far what I have observed. As the crashes started to be more regural
on the latest -current/-beta, I'll keep my eye on that and if anything more
concrete surface, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
Karel