Stuart,

I did some thinking on this as a heavy consumer, and light developer, of Python applications.

There are 455 Python3 modules currently in the repository would would be unreasonable to test all of them [1]. That being said there also appears to be hesitation on importing updated modules by the OpenBSD team [2].

Given that a large percentage of these are probably out of date they may not work with Python 3.7. I anticipate a large number of issues when making 3.7 the default, unless modules catch up due to changes with Py3.7.

That being said I do still support that decision and think it would be a good step forward for the ports tree. Thoughts on how this can happen?

I have tested Daniel's update to 3.7 and it seems fine for me during my normal usage and the modules I use.

Thank you,

Edward Lopez-Acosta

[1]
$ pkg_info -Q py3- | grep -E "^py3-" -c