Hello ports,

Apologies for removing the context, I joined the ports list recently and
do not have stsp's original mail.

I may be wrong here, but I was wondering whether we could change the
home of the _svnserve user to /var/svn from the current /nonexistent.

In other words, could we change from
@newuser _svnserve:777:_svnserve:daemon:SVN Daemon:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin
@newuser _svnserve:777:_svnserve:daemon:SVN Daemon:/var/svn:/sbin/nologin

The idea is that post installation, one has to change the owner of the
/var/svn/reponame directory to _svnserve anyways.

Steps:
$ doas pkg_add subversion
$ cd /var
$ doas mkdir svn
$ cd /var/svn
$ doas svnadmin create reponame
$ doas chown -R _svnserve:_svnserve /var/svn/reponame
$ doas mkdir log
$ doas chown -R _svnserve:_svnserve /var/svn/log

For more context, could I please refer you to my recent mail on misc -
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=154221094309572&w=2.

In case I am missing something or doing something stupid, please feel
free to point it out.

Thanks.

Regards,
ab