su 30. jouluk. 2018 klo 2.47 Klemens Nanni (k...@openbsd.org) kirjoitti:

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 02:10:52AM +0200, Hannu Vuolasaho wrote:
> > The xschem-2.8.1 doesn't support that. I'll write patch to upstream so next
> > version will have that fixed too.
> It's a make variable so you can always pass it through MAKE_ENV or
> MAKE_FLAGS, but since that's relevant for the fake/install, FAKE_FLAGS
> seems even more suitable.

I put it in to the FAKE_FLAGS and nuked the Makefile.conf.in patch.

> Can you look into upstreaming the GNUism fixes, too?

svn has fixed those too... and man page PREFIX expansion is on TODO.
So next release should be patchless.

> > ./configure has --debug option and it will set -g -O0. I added
> > .ifdef DEBUG to turn that configure variable on.
> A bit static but good enough for me.

There are also --symbols and --profile configure options. The
debugging option is
mainly used for portability check with std=c89.

> > Fixed this with horrible sed patch. Is there a better way? I also
> > added uninstall
> > target for the man page but is it needed anywhere?
> Yes, see `man -Otag SUBST_VARS bsd.port.mk' and other users in the tree.

This is harder thing than I originally thought. SUBST_CMD doesn't have effect
unless braces aren't patched to man page. The man page is installed with cp.

There could be post-install target which would delete the installed man page and
use and install it again with SUBST_MAN which isn't elegant solution.

The PREFIX expansion wil happen by xschem and install method will change in
next release, the search for most beautiful installation method is
rather useless
as long it is good enough.

At the end I chose the first solution.

> > How about totally evil :) Those are Synopsys/Mentor tools.
> So should we disable this behaviour? What's the impact?

First of all I don't know how to disable all the unsupported simulators and
waveform viewers without causing side-effects.

This release supports Icarus verilog, GHDL and GTKWave from open source
tool chains and those are for digital only. For analog side there are only
commercial spices available.

The reason for getting xschem to ports is its capability export tEDAx netlists
which pcb-rnd can use and I'm working on that. I have few show stoppers there.

Next release of xschem will also support ngspice and maybe the waveform viewer
problem can be also solved.

So I'll try get the upstream to give some configuation option to hide the
unsupported simulators and viewers.

Attached today's work.

Best regards,
Hannu Vuolasaho