On Sun, Jan 13 2019, Jeremy Evans <jer...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> On 01/13 05:35, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

>> > I think was able to fix both JIT issues.  Here's an updated Makefile as
>> > well as a new patch to mjit_worker.c.  I've tested this with both base
>> > clang and base gcc on amd64, same results on both.
>> >
>> > I would appreciate testing to see if this fixes the issues identified,
>> > and if so, OKs to import and hookup.  Assuming the mjit_worker.c patch
>> > fixes the JIT issues on gcc, I'll try to get it upstreamed.
>>
>> I'd gladly test with your fixes, but an inline Makefile plus an inline
>> patch make testing harder than needed.  For new ports it's much more
>> convenient to propose an updated, standalone tarball.
>
> Sure, tarball attached. I thought about doing that originally, but
> decided against it as the tarball is rather large for a port due to the
> ri_docs PLIST.

On sparc64:

  Finished tests in 10910.027767s, 1.8513 tests/s, 209.1314 assertions/s.
  20198 tests, 2281629 assertions, 17 failures, 23 errors, 114 skips

so this looks nicer.  Note I had not uninstalled the old ruby26 package
so I'm restarting tests now.

That's the first time I notice patches served by viewvc in a port, but
hey, if it works... :)

Nits:
- patches/patch-lib_fileutils_rb looks like a systrace leftover (also
  present in other ruby ports)
- the tarball ships a "plist" directory, make sure you don't import that

I was concerned by the JIT issues but with your fixes this looks ready
to import now.  ok jca@

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE