> The ocaml depends column I got from the results of 'opam show
> <pkg>". I am not sure how seriously to take the info since several say
> they won't work with 4.07.1 and yet they do. :-).

Which ones? I can fix those upstream.  Looks like just cil and camlp5
are restricted to <4.07 in your list above (the others are <=4.07.1).

> Finally, while I do have frama-c successfully building it does require
> the nasty hack of creating a /bin/bash link to /bin/sh because the
> latest alt-ergo(-lib) package has a configure script that starts with
> "#!/bin/bash -e". I could not figure out a pin incantation that
> allowed me to modify that file and build alt-ergo-lib. Sad.

That configure script is just a passthrough to a single command,
so you could modify the opam script to invoke this directly instead:

ocaml unix.cma configure.ml "$@"

Although having said that, the alt-ergo release now appears to
have some non-standard "OCamlPro Non-Commercial License"
which may make it wiser to pull it from the ports tree entirely.
A glance at the upstream repo shows a melange of possibly
mutually incompatible licenses in there: https://github.com/OCamlPro/alt-ergo.
(Apache+LGPL+no-commercial)

regards,
Anil