Theo de Raadt writes:

> >> Well -- I do not make decisions in the ports environment.
> >>
> >> Other people lead that effort, and make decisions after weighing the
> >> benefits and potential costs.
> >
> >The question ultimately is how to I know if I'm completely finished with
> >providing this port?
>
> Ports tree.
>
> I don't know.  And I don't judge it.
>
> Meaning you could ask the Pope and get a similar answer.

Somehow I must have grokked that even through last night's drunken haze
which I expect is why I cc'd ports@.

The question remains but now with a wider audience - I've posted a port
to the mailing list, what next? I'm happy to leave it in the porters'
collective lap or begin to take on some responsibility myself; I'm just
not sure what to do with it.

Incidentally it's useful to know that the split between base and ports
is/can be as distinct between the developers as it is between the
binaries. Thanks for the effort.

Cheers,

Matthew