On 8/3/19 4:47 PM, Klemens Nanni wrote:
 From a first glance:

- is python a RDEP?  build requires 2.x explicitly (configure)

Nope; can add MODPY_RUNDEP=No. Not sure what you're saying in the second half there though. The build could use py2 or py3 (according to them) but I used py2 because it worked fine. If you're suggesting we use py3 instead, then ok sure.

- use AUTOCONF_ENV in MAKE_ENV

This doesn't work when CONFIGURE_STYLE=simple. Additionally, the MODGNU_AUTO*_DEPENDS also don't work when CONFIGURE_STYLE=simple, so I had to fix those up too.

- WRKBUILD should be outside of WRKSRC;  also: why not SEPARATE_BUILD?

On the (very old) version of the port where this came form, SEPARATE_BUILD didn't work. It works now though, so good switched to that.

- what makes it clang only?  what makes it amd64 and i386 only?

Those were things from the old version--gcc-4.9 couldn't build it and I thought I had read at some point on their site that handbrake was x86 only. But I can't seem to find that wording any more, and I'm going to assume gcc-8 can build this for the macppc people (indeed, the source code hints at ppc being supported).

New tarball with those fixes + some more.

~Brian