And disabling asm is unappealing on an arch which needs as much
help with speed as it can get.

Even worst if you have to play video without hw acc.

I thought that the decision of using --no_unaligned_access was a
security one, but it seems from the thread that is more like a
legacy one.  So there is no point to talk to someone to change
his/her code to take into account the arm conventions when unalignment
access is not permitted, if there is no real reason for doing that.

Look, don't get me wrong. I'm not a guy that is been using this OS
some days and now he things is a member of the developer core. I
didn't want to have this conversation, because I don't have any
idea of the things that are being going on. I'm just trying to
build my cabin here, without bothering anyone trying to figure out
things by myself.

The first thing I recommended to the ffmpeg maintainer, I think it
was in a private mail, was to talk to some developer of the arm
port because I knew that this wasn't an small issue.

Regards,
adr