On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 at 14:13:02 +0200, prx wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Everyone using firefox should definitely add its own usecases on top and
> > test this. The idea is to refine the paths list until we have something
> > we're confident with, then defaults will be pushed upstream. In the
> > meantime, we'll work with upstream to get the plumbing/logic commited,
> > as it can be done independentely from the paths list.
> >
> > If ppl have a hard time building with the patches, my beta pkgs for 70
> > available as usual at https://packages.rhaalovely.net/snapshots/amd64/
> >

> I installed the above package (thanks for this) and started firefox
> after deleting ~/.mozilla. It's crashing.
>
> Below some more details :
>
>       $ firefox
>       IPDL protocol error: main:
>       unveil(/.config/.config/.local/share/.cache/dconf, rwc) failed: 2

Do you have XDG_CONFIG_HOME, XDG_DATA_HOME, or XDG_CACHE_HOME set in
your environment?

There is a pledge for $XDG_CACHE_HOME/dconf which should expand to
~/.cache/dconf unless you have XDG_CACHE_HOME set to something else.

>       Segmentation fault (core dumped)

When pledge() fails, it calls mozilla::ipc::FatalError which
triggers MOZ_CRASH_UNSAFE, which calls abort(), so these crashes are
expected.