I am working on my first port, and version 0.6.3 broke big endian
support. The software’s latest version is still broken on big endian.
The reason for this is stated in the change log as removing endian
specific code. The software compiles fine but  does not function
correctly, giving errors.

Version 0.6.2 works on big endian, which is what I’ll be using this
software on a lot.

NetBSD has a port of the  newest version of this software. It looks like
it wasn’t properly tested because they use no patches in their port
yet produce PowerPC binaries. This is unconfirmed however because I
don’t use NetBSD.