On 2020/06/04 21:04, Justin Noor wrote:
> Hi @ports,
>
> Is there anyone working on FreeCAD? It's not in /usr/ports/cad, and I
> searched the mailing list and did not find anything fruitful. If not, would
> like to give it a shot if possible - this would be my first port. If there
> is anyone working on it, please let me know how I can contribute.
>
> Thank you

I haven't seen any indication that anyone's working on it. There is
a first attempt in openbsd-wip but it's nowhere near a working port
(just downloads the distfile and runs cmake which then fails due to
lack of dependencies) and hasn't been touched after the initial
addition in 2015.

The starting point is to map out what's needed with the dependencies.
There's a list at https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Third_Party_Libraries
which is hopefully up-to-date enough to be useful. Some are available
in ports already (pkglocate will help find them) - may be a suitable
version already or may need updating. Others (including OpenCASCADE,
Coin3d, PySide) will need porting first (and some of these will have
their own chain of dependencies).