On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 06:48:37PM +0100, Laurence Tratt wrote:
> Attached is a new port for audio/ffmpeg-normalize [1], which allows one to
> normalise audio to a given volume level. A common use case is to transform
> an audio file to a given LUFS level specified by the EBU R128 guidelines
> [2]. In English, that means that your audio file can be made to sound
> louder without sounding obnoxiously loud. This automates what otherwise is
> an extremely cumbersome, manual, two-pass process with FFmpeg, and is
> the suggested way to automate this process by FFmpeg [3].
Thanks!

> ffmpeg-normalize also requires devel/py-tqdm (a Python progress bar), so
> I've attached a port of that too.
py-tqdm should use FLAVOR=python3 to disable the Python 2 flavour;  it
also seems to be missing TEST_DEPENDS, at least for me `make test' tries
to fetch from PyPi (using PORTS_PRIVSEP).

In ffmpeg-normalize please use ${MODPY_FLAOVR} instead of hardcoding
",python3" and GH_* for fetching rather than MODPY_EGG_VERSION, etc;
see bsd.port.mk(5) and/or other ports to see how.

Running `make test' in ffmpeg-normalize shows "Ran 0 tests in 0.000s",
but you added ffmeg as TEST_DEPENDS: Are tests working for you or did
you in some other way?