On Wed, Jul 15 '20 at 05.50 NZST, Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de>
wrote:
> I never found pandoc useful for anything - so much so that i never
> even felt a need to evalute its quality for real.  I dimly remember
> that on rare occasions, i saw man(7) output generated by pandoc,
> and if i remeber correctly, that was of poor quality - but i'm not
> sure and it isn't terribly relevant because pandoc is used very
> rarely in practice in the first place.
>
> What do you want to do with it?

As a mutt user, I find pandoc useful to generate HTML mail from a normal
plaintext email starting point. Markdown (a valid "from" format for
pandoc) is after all essentially just plaintext email "markup", so it's
fairly transparent.

Obviously this might be a rather inflammatory statement in itself, as
HTML email is its own special hell for many people, but it's hard to get
away from having to send the occasional piece when interacting with the
wider world that don't spend their lives like me in an rxvt window.

There's some nice examples (not mine) here:
https://nosubstance.me/post/mutt-secret-sauce/