> > slippery# pkg_info -mz >/root/pkg_list_manual
> >
> > Package database already locked... awaiting release... ^C
>
> Are any other pkg_* or fw_update processes running at the same time?
> It uses flock() on a file, I was under the impression this is cleared
> automatically if the relevant process exits, I maybe wrong though.

My bad.  Since FireFox wasn't working, I fetched a copy of bsd.rd (6.7)
from ftp.vim.org, because I am not used to using ftp with cdn.openbsd.org.
to get it.  Passed the checksum test fine, so foolishly I thought that was
proof it was OK.  But it must have still been the pre-release or early
release version, or something.  Betcha if I re-upgrade with only the
cdn.openbsd.org version, it will work fine.  Actually I can grab the
bsd.rd from my other server.

Went out picking apples for a few hours and it came to me.  We'll see.

Thanks!

A.