On Sun, Sep 06 2020, Edd Barrett <e...@theunixzoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 06, 2020 at 01:34:42PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> > We will also need to add a quirk...
>>
>> Not needed, the stem is the same so they are both considered as long as
>> a matching pkgpath is declared.
>
> Great. That simplifies things a bit.
>
>> I think we should just replace security/gnupg with 2.x though.
>
> What's the reasoning behind your preference Stuart? I don't have a
> strong opinion, but it does seem (at least at first glance) simpler to
> use security/gnupg2 as jca@ suggested.

The cost of this approach is likely just:
1. more Makefile tweaks (there are more consumers of
  security/gnupg2 right now)
2. missing history when using cvs log in security/gnupg

I think that we can live with 2. and that in the long run security/gnupg
is just cleaner.  I dislike cases where the package name and the port
name don't match.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE