Howdy, friends.

I'm new to the group, having come to P2 via the AOL ND folder...and having come to roots music via an appreciation for the Southern idiom in American popular music. Potential pretentiousness aside, I love the music of Billy Joe Shaver, Steve Earle, Jason and the Scorchers, Eddie Hinton, Backsliders (thanks Linda), Rig Rock, Webb Wilder, Kelly Willis, Six String Drag, Hackberry Ramblers, and more, as well as Ohio Players-style funk, old unpopular R & B, power pop, zydeco, and Chicago-area ROKK (Tar, Urge Overkill, Arcwelder).

Enough about me...I'll lurk mostly (as I have for a week or two), appreciating the insights and tips of a knowledgeable group.

Tasq