On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Mike Hays wrote:

> WAMU Washington seems to be making similar moves toward less of anything
> hillbilly during normal human waking hours in favor of "King of the Yuppie
> Hill"  programming.

> Has all of radio gone mad?

You know, I really don't know. I wake up to an NPR classical station 'cos
they play Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac at 6:45 every day. I listen
to WTEM-AM in the AM for Don Imus as I'm driving to work. I keep WAMU-FM
on for drive time BG (what there is of it) and Eddie Stubbs' show out of
Nashville. And I'll hit C-SPAN radio if some political thing is getting
really juicy.

Guess I shouldn't admit this as a musician, but radio doesn't do much for
me anymore. TwangCast, now - that's a whole 'nother thing <g>

np: Mae West, "Twist and Shout" (from Rhino's Golden Throats album)
--
Geff King * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www2.ari.net/gking/
The crash of the whole solar and stellar systems could only kill you once.