I would also like to recommend the "surf.to" site for band with websites
but unable to afford a "personalized" domain name. It's worked pretty well
for us -- our website is actually hosted by geocities (which is free, of
course) but we've used "listen.to" as our re-direct so that we can have our
name in the url. It's much cooler (and easier) to promote that way, until
we can afford our own domain.

Check it out at

http://listen.to/

or