<< > What was the name of that unlisted Clash track on Sandinista! ?

 I think you mean Train in Vain on London Calling?? >>

Might that be the original hidden track? At least it is in my career as a fan.

Anyhoo, this is a good story idea. I will say straight up that I think hidden
tracks are a ridiculous cliche by now. But there was a time early on when it
was pretty cool to be surprised by yet another song, no doubt. I've been
scared shitless many a time by a song or some sort of weird noise that comes
out of my speakers ten minutes after the album has supposedly ended. A good
example of that is on Varnaline's latest. There's some sorta weird sci-fi shit
that sounds like an alien ship is landing on the roof of the house. Freaked me
out the first, second and third time I was duped by it, but it was worth it to
watch my cats get freaked out as well. A couple of note include the previously
mentioned "Eurotrash Girl" by Cracker, which might be the first case of CD
hidden track becoming hit single? I also kinda like Todd Thibaud's cover of
"Copperhead Road." But the one I will vote for that tickled me to death was
the Grievous Angels covering the Sex Pistols. That made me look at the band in
a whole different light.

Adios.

Neal Weiss
np - Wacos - Waco World.