Hi All Of You NC/SC Americana Fans:

Time for the weekly update for the Charlotte's Tuesday Night Americana
Showcase - held every week on Tuesday (duh) at The Double Door Inn, 9:00
PM

This Tuesday (January 26th) we have a bluesy version of the Showcase
with locals David Childers & The Willy Evans Trio joined by Special
Guest Del Rey.

Del Rey plays a metal resonator guitar and is known and admired for her
unique and masterful fingerstyle.  You'll hear country blues, classic
jazz, stride piano and hilbilly boogie bound out of her instrument as
she delivers the music of Memphis Minnie, Sam Chatmon, Johnny Mercer and
a host of others, as well as a slew of originals written in the
traditions she so reveres.  As Southland Blues says, "Del Rey packs a
whole orchestra into her resonator guitar."  Del Rey's strong and
soulful singing matches her powerful playing.  "...the guitarist sings
witty, literate lyrics with a wry delivery that is sometimes dry,
sometimes impassioned,"  Williamette Week.

Del Rey plays concerts world wide and also presents a concert/lecture on
women musicians influential between 1900-1950 called, "Women In American
Music."  In 1997, she was commissioned by the In Guitar Festival,
Dubendorf, Switzerland, to create an historical exhibit of female
guitarists.  The results is "Women with Guitar:  Forgotten American
Guitarists 1900-1950."  Del also contributes articles on various music
topics to Acoustic Guitar, Blues Revue & other publications.

Don't forget our first February show either - there's a real buzz around
town about our guest, Alejandro Escovedo ... more about that in the next
update!

See ya Tuesday night,

Gregg
Charlotte Americana Showcase