On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:11:42 EST  said:
>hey I just got an assistance call from a writer friend of mine who's doing a
>story on hidden tracks.  I sent a couple, but I figure you all are a boundless
>resource for this sort of thing.
>
>By the way, I know someone recently put a hidden track at the beginning of a
>record.  My memory says it was Whiskeytown, but I'm not sure.  What do you
>know?

   "Mother Trucker" was a hidden track on Shaver's "highway of life".  You
have to search  backwards after hitting play for the 1st track.
                                 Evan

re the American/alt-country's rosy future question: I'd be curious to see
what people who have been in the biz (say 10 years or so) have to say about
whether or not the Americana format has helped boost sales/attendance at
shows/general recognition of bands and artists on the scene.  i.e. would
the Derailers have done better/worse if they had come along ten years ago.
Also did bands like Green on Red, Long Ryders, Blasters etc. sell better than
their current country-rock counterparts?