Barry wrote:

>I know a number of New York P2ers are planning to see the Old 97s show at
>the Mercury Lounge next Saturday night

>The other act that night--probably AFTER the 97s, by the way it's
>advertised, is "Sea of Cortez," about thich I know nothing... I'll attempt
>to make sure I have a ticket beforehand.

And the opening act is The Hangdogs, making a rare appearance
in the city.

Well... o.k., actually they play around here a lot, but
they are always a good time and well worth catching.  They are
scheduled to play at 9 pm (though at the Mercury you can usually
add a half-hour to scheduled start times for true performance
times.)   Definitely worth arriving early for, imo.

Ross Whitwam            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Molecular Pharmacology & Therapeutics Program
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NYC