<< <<   *    ALTERNATIVE COUNTRY: Hazeldine, "Orphans" (All Swoll Music) * *
*>>

 All Swoll Music??
 Where do I find this release?

 Do I have to succumb to the Capitalistic pigs at MoM? oops...did I say that
 outloud?? <g>

 Paul  >>

Yes, the piggy has it. In fact he's had it for several months. Why all the
buzz now? Anyhoo, let me say that I find I go back to this album pretty often.
It's really something that is mostly quite gorgeous, and I'm always a sucker
for bands twanging up non-twang song (which in this case includes tracks
composed by Radiohead, Sparklehorse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Peter Gabriel...).
There's just a great feel to this collection, much more so than what I saw
from the full-band electric Hazeldine the other night. Good, but not nearly as
special.

Speaking of the twangification of rock songs, got the new Clash tribute in the
mail the other day. Mostly one big pee-you, but you gotta love Cracker making
a dusty shuffle out of "White Riot." Good stuff.

Neal Weiss
np - Waco World