Today's program was a fill-in for the mellow/acoustic program.

This show was dedicated to the memory of my friend Norman Fagg who was
taken by heroin on the weekend. Norm was a senior broadcast technician
at our radio station, and as tour manager for the Dirty Three and
countless other great bands, made an immeasurable contribution to the
Australian music community.

Heroin deaths are now almost triple the road toll, and I'm tired of
going to funerals.

Sophie

Iris Dement - I'll Take My Sorrow Straight (live at Winooski, VT
10.3.98)
Tom Russell & Iris Dement - Box of Visions (Uprooted)
Katy Moffatt - Wings of a Blackbird (Midnight Radio)

Nancy Hess - Golden (Away)
Diane Izzo - One (One)
Erica Wheeler - Goodnight Moon (The Harvest)

Australian bracket:
T-Bones - One Day (5 Days Gone)
Dan Brodie - Love Gets Me High (I'm Floatin Mamma)
Pete Stone - Church Bells (My Great Plan)
Sweet Young Corn - Sweet Young Corn (Sweet Young Corn)

Allen Dobb - Shootin at the Water (Horses & Hills)
Todd Thibaud - Johanna's Dreams (Favorite Waste of Time)
Nanci Griffith - Desperadoes Waiting for a Train (Other Voices, Too)

Monica Weightman - Listen (Calm Before the Storm)
Lucinda Williams - Right in Time (live at Ottawa, Canada, 10.12.98)
Jimmie Dale Gilmore - Just a Wave, Not the Water (Deep in the Heart of
Texas soundtrack)

John Wesley Harding - The Truth (Why We Fight)
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding (John Wesley Harding)
Flying Burrito Bros - Hot Burrito # 1 (Gilded Palace of Sin)

Sparklehorse - Heart of Darkness (Vivadixie...)
Original Harmony Ridge Creek Dippers - Welcome Home Jim (Pacific Coast
Rambler)
Gillian Welch - One & Only (live at Hickory, SC, 9.27.97)

Greg Brown - Dusty Woods (Slant 6 Mind)
Archie Roach - Wild Blue Gums (Jamu Dreaming)
Luann Kowalek - Late Night Heroes (Late Night Heroes)
Myk Gordon - Believe Me (Lonely)

==