I mentioned in my bluegrass upcoming releases that Sugar Hill is reissuing
Doyle's first 4 secular albums on 2 CDs, and having now weaseled a couple of
copies, I can safely pronounce that the job they've done is outstanding, and
that if you have any interest at all in post-1960 bluegrass, you must own at
least one.  I'll be reviewing them for a familiar publication, so I'll save
the detailed comments for there, but I don't see any reason that P2ers
shouldn't be made aware of this requirement right now <g>.

Titles are The Original Band and Once And For Always/The News Is Out; the
first features the original band (duh): Terry Baucom, Lou Reid and Jimmy
Haley, the second has two different bands: first, Baucom, Haley and the
great Randy Graham, and second, Russell Moore, Ray Deaton and Scott Vestal
(whose subsequent albums with Doyle are already available on CD).  Jerry
Douglas, Mike Auldridge, Sam Bush, Bobby Hicks and Glen Duncan contribute
dobro and fiddle.

Yummy.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/