> I started to think maybe they didn't
> have the songwriters on the All Stars disc, but I realize that I
> wouldn't have known who wrote "14 Karat Mine" (Or is that Mind?
> Whatever) any other way cos I've never heard it elsewhere.

Run, don't walk, to find a copy of the Gene Watson's Greatest Hits - the MCA
one, not the Curb one; incredibly, "Fourteen Carat Mind" was Watson's only
#1.  Actually, now that I think about it, you oughta find a copy of the Curb
one, too, which collects most of his Capitol hits that preceded his MCA
signing - but "Fourteen Carat Mind" is on the MCA one.

More synchronicity, BTW; the cut following that on the MCA album is "Speak
Softly (You're Talking To My Heart)," written by bluegrasser Steve Spurgin,
and one of the outstanding Randy Graham vocals on the second of the Doyle
Lawson reissues I mentioned earlier.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/