Junior writes:

>I think the compilation that many of us have is: "Wynn Stewart:  the
>California Country--The Best of the Challenge Masters", on "AVI"
>records<?>.  The catalogue number is AVI CD 5013.
>
>If it's in print, certainly it's available from Village, MOM, etc....
>
>And I tell you what, this disc is certainly in the top 5 of my CDs in
>terms of total playing time over the last 3 or 4 years....  Wynn
>rules!
>Bakersfield rules!

     AVI went out of business a year or so back, though the Wynn Stewart
disc and their various Sun collections can still be found with relative
ease.  MOM was still carrying the Stewart disc last time I had checked
and I'm pretty sure Cheapo Records in Cambridge still has copies, too.
As far as I know, none of Wynn's more commercially successful Capitol
recordings are in print, even as imports, though I pick up his old LPs
when I find them, which is fairly frequently.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts