Carl Abraham Zimring writes:

>Warren Zevon recorded an album with Kim Fowley in 1969 entitled
>"Wanted Dead or Alive".  I don't think he was too pleased when a small
>reissue label put it out on cd a couple of years ago.
>
>Tori Amos's first album was a hair metal dud called "Why Kant Tori
>Read?" which is heavily bootlegged.  I don't know if that's true of
>Alanis Morrissette's teenybopper albums.

     Okay, I'll play along.

1) Surprisingly unmentioned so far is Sam Phillips' early Christian
albums recorded for the Myrrh label under the name Leslie Phillips.  The
last one, "The Turning," is excellent; very reminiscent of her Sam
Phillips albums.
2) Billy Joel's first record was with an early '70s hard rock band called
Atilla.  I've never heard it myself, though I've heard it compared to
E.L.P. on occasion.  The album jacket is one of the funniest things I've
ever seen, with Joel and bandmates dressed up in Roman centurion outfits.

3) Bjork released an album in Iceland when she was 11 or so.  Can't say
that I've ever heard it (I've seen the album cover), though I've heard
that it's actually aged halfway decently.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts