Those of you following the thread about the Boston Globe story on country in
town noted the very sad demise of our 2nd best country band, The Fritters. (I
can only rate The Spurs above them, and I doubt the Fritters would argue with
that call). They leave a big hole in the scene.

But it does give me an opportunity for self-promotion . . .

Tim Obetz, former pedal steeler for the Fritters, will be sitting in with the
band I'm in, The Scrimshanders, for a few tunes on Thursday night. It will be a
real treat to be on the same stage as Tim. We'll be playing on the Old 97s bill
at TT The Bear's Place. . . we go on at 9 pm sharp.

Please don't confuse The Scrimshanders with real country music. Think Neil
Young/Crazy Horse with a dash of Steve Earle and a token honky-tonk tune for
credibility's sake.

Hope to see some of you all there.

John Magee