Shane writes:

> And that's pretty much where we are up to now. The new Judybats have
> appeared on The Strip a few times, but I'll admit I haven't heard them
yet
> and haven't heard much of a buzz about it.

Actually, my former band The Mystery Dates' second to last show was with
Jeff Heiskell's then-unnamed "project" (which has since morphed into the
*'bats) at the B&H some time last April. It was a benefit for some program
on WNCW: we opened, then the Heiskell project, then the TownCriers.

I've go to say I wasn't real impressed with the new Heiskell-'bats; a
little art-rock/pop pomposity goes a long way with me, and combining 'bats
w/Immortal Chorus (a goth-rock band) and Wet Jonah (a Pjam wannabe band)
realized some of my greatest fear about playing in Knoxville again. But I
was never a 'bats fan, although I was a student at UT at the height of
their popularity and had plenty of friends who were 'bats crazy.

> NP: Alan Jackson, Don't Rock the Jukebox

The above is a lot more "rock" than any Judybats song I ever heard! <g>

Rob Russell
Johnson City, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://listen.to/thebystanders