Kat writes:

>Hi Jon - Thanks for posting the article about my friend Barry Tashian.
>I don't know if I would classify The Remains as punk (but what do I
>know?).  The article  didn't mention Barry's nine years (80-89) with
>Emmylou Harris (The Hot Band).  Or his recent work with his wife, Holly
>(bluegrass duo).  Barry and The Remains did their first reunion show
>this past September 23rd in Leon, Spain and another show at Coney Island
>High in October.

     Well, having been born in '64, I couldn't say when the term was
first used.  I've always heard that there was *some* usage of the phrase
during that period, though you're absolutely right:  the Remains were a
(particularly good) garage band, though not a "punk" band in the same
sense that I would describe, say, the Chocolate Watchband or the Sonics.
I had previously posted something about the reunion a few months back
because of an article in the Herald (which has a local country piece
today, so keep a lookout for it!).
     Yeah, I also noticed that the article didn't really mention much
about Tashian's more recent activity, though I'd guess that has to do
with the legendary status that the Remains have at this point.

>For all those in the NY area - Another friend of mine, Dale Watson will
>be at the Rodeo Bar in NYC on April 1st.
>
 >Dale is also scheduled 3-31 at the Tin Angel in Philly.
>
>On 3-2 Dale will be in Richmond at Moondance.

     Looks like he's only making it as far north as New York on this
trip.  No chance of a Beantown date?
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts