<<
 The reason I asked whether it's live or studio is that I recall Rosie
 taping some live shows last spring in San Antonio or somewhere around
 Austin, no?

 Is it more on her twang side, or more on her bluesy side??

 --junor

Yeah, Rosie recorded two nights at Cibolo Creek here in S.A. - was pretty
abysmal.
Classic example of what *not* to do when recording a live album, (start, stop,
tune, start over, wait, tune, start, stop, wait) and they charged *admission*
for this opportunity to hear the interaction between recording crew /
producer, which for some ungodly reason came across the house PA. Record
company who commisioned the project rejected it, (can't remember which) and
last I heard, the tapes were resting in some vault.

Here's Joe X's tips for good live recording:

1) Make sure the red light's on.
2) Try to forget you're recording.
3) Put on a friggin' show. (or go rent a studio ferchristsakes)
4) Don't expect anyone to be happy about spending $$ to "watch sausage being
made." (as a local music writer wrote of this fiasco)

I love Rosie, but this was a big mess.

Joe Horn
Third Coast