The CD was indeed available here in the States, but I'm sure not very widely.
At the time of its release, Kevin was operating out of Iowa City--he had been a
student in the wrtier's workshop there--hence the Bo Ramsey connection. Kevin
played lots and lots of gigs with Bo and still, I believe, makes it up to Iowa
City for a show or two each year, for those of you in the Midwest. At any rate,
Iowa City record shops used to have lots of copies of CARNIVAL TIME in stock. I
haven't lived there for over a year and so I can't say if any are still around.
However, if you want to do some detective work you could look up phone numbers
for either Real Records, BJ's Compact Discs, and/or Apollo CDs, and give 'em a
call to find out. The folks at Real are likely to be the most knowledgable,
although BJ's once had an outstanding alt-country selection and Apollo was
owned and operated by the drummer for IC's great bar band, High and Lonesome.
So you would have a chance of tracking down a copy by calling any of those
guys. I don't have the numbers but the area code is 319.

Dallas