Hey ya'll, been quiet and lurking past week, but had to let you know about
this cool band I saw tonight.... Dry Branch Fire Squad. I have not been this
entertained in days... Any of you familiar with them? My boyfriend has all
their records and knew everything about them. Bluegrass usually makes me
nervous, but damn, they were good. Broke up all the 90 mile an hour solos with
some funny jokes, and great long winded stories about farming, naked beaches,
politics and everything else inbetween.

Comedy, ham bonin,  bluegrass, fine pickin, singin!

Tomorrow night going to catch the last set of Iris Dement after I finish an
acoustic thang I'm doing........

Any of you songwriter twangers want to come to Memphis and play? I am doing
two songwriter in the round things a month now, and would dig some Paul Burch,
Ex-hubbie Jim Roll types to rock the joint some, or as much as possible on
acoustic. I do one downtown that is a "low dough" gig, but the newest one at
this east Memphis yuppy suburbia bar is a cool payin thing, plus you get to
(or have to as some may say) hang out with me! Can come do the radio show one
afternoon, gig the next night, sleep on the couch, let my boyfriend cook for
us....  If any of you are passing thru Memphis, let me know when and if it is
on gig day, I would love to have ya!!!

Here is one of the jokes that the band told earlier.... it is better live, but
here goes.
"I thought honky tonk was the sound you got boppin a white guy on the head"

Back to my cocktail..... Nancy