Jeff wrote:

> >2. Webb Wilder's "It Came From Nashville" (CD): having lost or loaned
out
> >my original vinyl of this record mucho years ago, I came across a copy
of
> >the CD re-issue at Backdoor Records here in J.C. about two years ago.
>
> Good stuff, but it pales in comparison to Hybrid Vigor, Doo-Dad, or the
> totally awesome Town and Country. Acres of Suede didn't do much for me.

Au contraire, Jeff -- I've got to disagree with you on ranking Hybrid Vigor
higher, at least (I thought it was over-produced and poorly mixed, but that
might have something to do with the fact that I was familiar with all the
songs in their live versions before the record came out). Town and Country
and Doo Dad are my faves of the entire catalog, but I did buy them "new,"
so they didn't count on the list. Acres is ok -- some of the material (ie
"Elephant Man") has been in the live show for a long time, though. And I
bought Acres used, too, on the same day I got Buddy Miller's "Your Love and
Other Lies" used -- unfortunately, Webb's record paled a bit in comparison.

Rob

Np. "Wreck Your Life," Old97s (a mighty damn good record)

Rob Russell
Johnson City, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://listen.to/thebystanders