At 9:52 AM -0500  on 1/31/99, Rob Russell wrote:

>Jeff wrote:
>
>>>2. Webb Wilder's "It Came From Nashville" (CD): having lost or loaned out
>>>my original vinyl of this record mucho years ago, I came across a copy of
>>>the CD re-issue at Backdoor Records here in J.C. about two years ago.
>>
>> Good stuff, but it pales in comparison to Hybrid Vigor, Doo-Dad, or the
>> totally awesome Town and Country. Acres of Suede didn't do much for me.
>
>Au contraire, Jeff -- I've got to disagree with you on ranking Hybrid Vigor
>higher, at least (I thought it was over-produced and poorly mixed, but that
>might have something to do with the fact that I was familiar with all the
>songs in their live versions before the record came out). Town and Country
>and Doo Dad are my faves of the entire catalog, but I did buy them "new,"
>so they didn't count on the list. Acres is ok -- some of the material (ie
>"Elephant Man") has been in the live show for a long time, though. And I
>bought Acres used, too, on the same day I got Buddy Miller's "Your Love and
>Other Lies" used -- unfortunately, Webb's record paled a bit in comparison.

Well, I guess we aren't ignoring him now. I have to say, I'd put "It
Came from Nashville" and "Town and Country" at the top of the list,
"Acres of Suede" next, and everything else after that. Had no use for
"Doo Dad" at all, and I've kept it mostly because some of his concert
staples come from it.

Bob