Not knowing exactly where this started, I probably shouldn't jump in, but hey
it's never stopped me before.

Richard Buckner did take Eric Heywood on tour for a while.  (he plays lap and
pedal steel)

Thank you,

In a message dated 1/31/99 7:27:31 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Brad says:
 >Interesting you should say this, Jon, as it seems to me that some
 >alt.country acts exist within this description precisely because
 >they have the fiddle and/or steel that makes them "country rock".
 >For example Richard Buckner wouldn't sound quite so alt.country
 >if he didn't have Lloyd Maines on steel all over his recordings.

 Well, shoot, anyone can *record* with a steel player; I'm talking about
 carrying one in the band <g>. >>