At 11:53 AM 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>McCoury (interesting tidbit: listproc rejects a post that begins with "Del,"
>wondering whether it was meant to be a command issued to the listproc
>itself, and "suggesting" that if not, the post be rephrased) has recorded "I
>Feel The Blues Moving In" twice, most recently on the
>GrooveGrass Boyz CD (it's not a GrooveGrass (tm) cut, but the regular Del
>McCoury Band).

That Groovegrass disc rocks my butt. Leroy Troy's old timey/rock version of
Skynyrd's Mississippi Kid is great!  Sweetheart of mine with Bootsy Collins
is another good one. In addition to the Groovegrass things, The straight
bluegrass rendition of The Del McCoury Band's version of White House Blues
must be pushing nearly 200 bpm. I like it, I love it, I want some more of
it. On the version of I Feel The Blues Moving In, you would swear that Mike
Bub is going to slap a hole right through the top of that doghouse bass.

Also on the don't miss list, -  Mac, Doc, and Del straight bluegrass/old
time on Sugar Hill  and Groovegrass 101 on WB, all Groovegrass, all the
time with Bootsy, Doc Watson, and Scott 'F**ker' Rouse.

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
3421 Daisy Crescent - Va Beach, Va - 23456