As far as the All Music Guide goes, I've found it helpful sometimes for
getting a little background on this or that name that comes up.  Not the
kind of reliable info you can get from someone like Dr. Malone, but then
this is a little more current.

What's annoying about it is that in an apparent effort not to offend
anyone, just about any record gets four stars.  Three if they're really
opposed to something.  So it's near useless for getting a sense of which
record you might choose if you're trying out someone new.

And of course, the further we get from 1997, the more useless it will be.

Still, for all that, I do peruse it from time to time.  I'm glad I own it.

Will Miner
Denver, CO