At 09:40 PM 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Can anyone recommend or not the All Music Guide to Country Music?
>
>I haven't seen this volume, but I'd be cautious; the AMG website, while
>useful, isn't always reliable.  They seem to have a hard time properly
>tracking more than one person with the same name; the most egregious mistake
>that I've seen in this regard, which I hope has been corrected by now, was
>their consolidated discography for Earl Taylor the bluegrass musican and
>Earl Taylor the jazz musician...

I was checking on the Gin Blossoms and was looking at the credits for
Robert Becker. Was I surprised when I *learned* Becker had played a variety
of string instruments in the mid seventies for various jazz fusion artists.

jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.