http://205.186.189.2/cg/x.exe?p=amg&sql=A56836
--
Christopher Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Title: All-Music Guide
[All-Music Guide][AMG: Classical][All-Movie Guide][All-Game Guide][About AMG][Music Maps][Music Styles][Music Art!
!
icles][Music Glossary][6 Translations]

   artist    album    song    style ! !    label

Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
Artist Our Favorite Band
Album Title Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
Date of Release 1987 (release)
AMG Rating  (Best-of-Artist)
Genre&nb! ! spRock

Our Favorite Band is Maury O'Rourk and Donald Spicer; with the help of some heavyweight pals (Jason Ringenberg, Warner Hodges, Michael Stipe, Steve Forbert), they've put out a breezy, polished, tuneful LP of nuevo country-western. It's not surprising to see both Ringenberg and Forbert on this disc, since any one of these songs could (and in Forbert's case should) be on one of their albums...These guys also had the good sense to cover Rodney Crowell's "Leavin' Louisiana..." -- John Dougan, Option q2_87
[To Top]
1987LPBig Time6041-1-B8
 CSBig Time6041-4-B8
Bass
[To Top]
Steve Forbert-Harmonica
Tim Krekel-Guitar
Jeff Johnson-Bass
Doug Easley-Guitar, Piano, Guitar (Steel)
Warner Hodges-Guitar
Ross Johnson-D! ! rums
Jason Ringenberg-Banjo
Donald W. Spicer-Synthesizer, Guitar, Guitar (Steel), Vocals
Michael Stipe-Vocals
Randy Chertow-Bass
Peter Hyrka-Fiddle, Mandolin
Jody Mallory-Drums
Maury O'Rourk-Guitar, Percussion, Vocals, Washboard
Grady Pinkerton-Harmonica
Quartet Ward Gros-Percussion, Vocals (bckgr)
Rampart Street Six-Horn
Mark Redding-
Leanne Smith-Vocals
[To Top]
1. Lost and Lonely
2. Exile on Main Street
3. Leavin' Louisiana
4. Funnel of Love
5. Woman Needs a Fiddle
6. Tennessee Ain't Heaven
7. Dreamin' of Eternity
8. Stop Your Fussin'
9. Dreamin' of Eternity
10. Stop Your Fussin'
11. Drownin' in Another Pool of Love
12. Girl Made in Japan (Owens)
13. Waste of a Woman
14. My Truck (Drove Me ! ! out of Your Life)
[To Top]
 Lost & Found by Jason & The Scorchers
 King Biscuit Flower Hour by Steve Forbert
 Crazy Me by Tim Krekel
 Peace and Noise by Patti Smith
 Billy Swan/Four by Billy Swan
 Lost Blues & Other Songs by Palace
 Now I Got Worry by Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
 I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (An Anthology) by Warren Zevon
 New Adventures in Hi-Fi by R.E.M.
 Under the Bushes, Under the Stars by Guided by Voices

Music Expert Check. If you know this album well, your help in answering the following questions is much appreciated and will assist the AMG staff in improving the database.
Rate this album against artist's complete work (1 to 5 Stars):
1 (poor) 2 (OK) 3 (good) 4 (better) 5 (best) N/A
Considering this artists complete work, is this album:
A Landmark album Representative Not Typical N/A
Is album First Pick, the one to start with for this artist?: Yes No
Album Qualities - Do you feel this album is:
 Some of Both
Energizing, Exciting Soothing, RelaxingN/A
Dense, Thick Light, Free, TransparentN/A
Harsh, Aggressive Gentle, PeacefulN/A
Cold, Firm Warm, SoftN/A
Bright, Dynamic, Ornate Low Key, Calm, MelancholicN/A
Popular, Plain, Simple Elaborate, SophisticatedN/A
Dark, Pessimistic, Bitter Light, Cheerful, SweetN/A
Emotional, Sensual, Playful Sober, Arranged, ProperN/A
(optional) Enter your name or initials:

After making selections, Press Here to

[Home][To Top][E-Mail Us!]