On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Just thought I'd be the first to chime in that today (Wed. Feb. 3rd) is
> the *40th Anniversary* of the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy
> Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper...

        Yup. It's been 40 years since the night God took Buddy Holly and
spared Waylon Jennings. Kind of perverse on God's part, if you ask me.

        Anyway, I read something interesting about the infamous Winter
Dance Tour yesterday: it continued on without the three dead headliners,
substituting Holly-wannabe Bobby Vee as the star! Some things never change
about the music industry...

        Btw, the Winter Dance Tour is commemerated every Feb. 3rd in Iowa
at the very ballroom where the last show was played. It literally attracts
rock'n'roll fans from all over the world. Last year, 6000 people attended.

                                Kip