At 09:23 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>   *    To back him up, Earle chose the four-piece bluegrass Del McCoury
>     band, making energetic use of its prickly mandolins, scratchy violins
>     and high-strung banjos.

four piece? Del, Ronnie, Robbie, Mike, Jason. That equals five.
Prickly mandolins? Ronnie McCoury is one of the hottest mandolin players on
the planet, and Jason Carter, although still in puberty, is da shit.

 Somewhere, Bill Monroe must be grinning.

whilr this piece "ain't no part of nothin", I'd bet Mr Bill would call this
disc "That's a good 'un right there"

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
3421 Daisy Crescent - Va Beach, Va - 23456