The Boudin Barndance - 1/14/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

Back to a regular old grab-bag night on the Barndance.  Also finally got to
air out some tracks from the new Ernest Tubb box from Bear Family.  Lots of
new stuff tongiht.  Barndance first-time spins included "The Heart of Texas
Country" compilation, Hillbilly Idol, Kevin Meisel, Bob Egan, Mike Henderson &
the Bluebloods, Ray Wylie Hubbard's new live one, the "Wailin' in West Covina"
compilation, and 7-inchers from The Stillmen and The Saturn 5.  Butt-Shaker of
the Week:  It's gotta be "(Do the) Syracuse" from The Saturn 5.  Onto the
goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

Bob Wills / A Little Bit of Boogie / Tiffany Trans. Vol 5 (Kaleidoscope)
Tom Morrell & Time-Warp Tophands / Okie Boogie / How the West Was Swung Vol 10
(WR)
Harry Houston / I May Be Sorry Tomorrow / Ultra Rare Western Swing (Chief)
Maddox Bros & Rose / Honky Tonkin' / Live on Radio (Arhoolie)
Texas Troubadours / Rose City Chimes / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)
Tom Morrell & Time-Warp Tophands / Ridin on a Fender / How the West Was Swung
Vol 2/3 (WR)

Charline Arthur / Burn the Candle / Welcome to the Club (Bear Family)
Porter Wagoner / What Aint to Be Just Might Happen / Essential (RCA)
Ernest Tubb / Through That Door / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)
Johnny Paycheck / (Pardon Me) I've Got Someone To Kill / The Real Mr Heartache
(CMF)
Charline Arthur / Burn the Candle / Welcome to the Club (Bear Family)
Justin Trevino & Leona Wms / We Must've Been Out of Our Minds / Heart of Texas
Country (Neon Nightmare)

Merle Haggard / Why Should I Be Lonely? / Same Train, Different Time (KOCH)
Ernest Tubb & Loretta Lynn / A Dear John Letter / Waltz Across Texas (Bear
Family)
James O'Gwynn / Talk to Me Lonesome Heart / D Singles (Bear Family)
Cisco / Mr. Wright / Wishing You Well from the Pink Motel (Propellant
Transmissions)
The Rounders / Jaded / Thrillbilly Bop (Major)

......the set that wouldn't end .......
Rosie Flores / Lovin in Vain / (Reprise)
Bobbie Cryner / I Don't Care / (Epic)
Hillbilly Idol / Straight to My Heart / Town & Country
Sonny George / Hillbilly Beat / Rockin' C&W Roundup Vol. 1 (Hermitage)
Marti Brom / Unproclaimed Love / 7'" (Square Bird)
The Cranktones / Lonesome Tears in My Eyes / Vibrate With (MuSick)
Wallace Waters / Holiday Hill / Rockabilly Gold Vol 10 (Lucky)
The Stillmen / Drinkin' Black Coffee / 7" (Star-Tone)
Glenn Barber / Atomic Bomb / Starday Story Vol. 1 (Texas Gold)

Happy & Dr. & the Hadacol Boys / La Valse de Hadacol / Fais Do Do Breakdown
(Flyright)
Wade Fruge' / Catchy My Hat / Old Style Cajun Music (Arhoolie)
Chuck Guillory / Tolan Waltz / Grand Texas (Arhoolie)
Bottle Rockets / Skip's Song / Leftovers (Doolittle)
Spanic Family / What's in Those Eyes / Spanic Family Album (ESD)

Ray Wylie Hubbard / Last Train to Amsterdam / Live at Cibolo Creek (MLC)
Kevin Meisel / Magnolia / Coal & Diamonds (OMC)
Bob Egan / Foregiveness /
Hangdogs / Something Left to Save / East of Yesterday (Crazyhead)
Vic Chesnutt / Replenished / The Salesman & Bernadette (Capricorn)

Waylon Jennings / Look Into My Teardrops / Folk Country (R&T)
Charlie Chesterman / True Love Song #9 / Dynamite Music Machine (Slow River)
Old 97s / You Belong to My Heart / Wreck Your Life (Bloodshot)
Tailgators / Stop that Rappin'/ It's a Hog's Groove (Upstart)
Mike Henderson & Bluebloods / Uranium Rock / Thicker Than Water (Dead
Reckoning)

Saturn 5 / (Do the) Syracuse / 7" (Dionysus)
Sir Douglas Quintet / Aint Nothing Wrong With You Baby / Crazy Cajun
Recordings (Edsel)
Doc Starkes & Nightriders / Keep It Quiet / Night Ridin' With (Famous Groove)
The Spectrums / Topless / Wailin in West Covina (Bacchus Archives)
The Clee-Shays / Thunderball / Dynamic Guitars of (Sundazed)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.P. WacoWorld