Glad to see Steve Gardner back. I thought he'd been swallowed whole by the
bluegrass Borg. <g>
>>I just got a copy of an oldtime album that will only be sold
with the paperback version of Charles Frazier's "Cold Mountain."  If you
haven't read the book, it's awesome.  Wait until 3/23 though to buy it
because you really have to hear this CD.  It's from Dirk Powell, John
Hermann and Tim O'Brien and it's the best oldtime CD I've heard in over a
year.  18 stunning tracks inspired by the book.

Is this right? I received a copy of the record today, but no book. I've
heard raves from other sources about it,  but has anybody else here read
it? Just looking for advice. And while I'm generally not a big Tim O'Brien
fan, I think I'm gonna go slip that disc in the player right now.
Jim, smilin' now more than ever